Legal Steps to Handle FMLA Abuse
HR Departments continue to see a rise in FMLA abuse. In this presentation, we will discuss:
- the definition of a serious health condition;
- the significance of each question on the FMLA Certification;
- when certification is considered complete and sufficient;
- how to legally question a certification that is incomplete or insufficient; and
- tools to address potential abuse from an employee that is on an approved FMLA leave.
- To identify specific examples of FMLA abuse that employers consistently face.
- To provide detailed steps that employers can implement to prevent FMLA abuse.
- To provide tools that employers can use if the employer believes an employee has engaged in or is currently engaged in FMLA abuse.
Elizabeth Wente assists employers in employment counseling and employment litigation matters. Her primary focus is providing counseling and risk management services to assist clients in reducing risk potential for employment-related litigation claims in the future by assisting employers with things such as policy drafting, handbook reviews, hiring decisions, employment agreements, advice on FMLA, ADA and much more.